The links below reflect an automated feed of information related to this topic. The information is from outside resources throughout the internet and is not material created by the editorial staff at the Biederman Blog.
- Don't Just Boycott Facebook – Create Something Better!on July 7, 2020 at 11:48 am
They claimed the platform isn't taking responsibility for its role in the surveillance economy or doing enough to protect people's right to privacy.
- Health Minister says privacy “right at the heart” of new COVID Tracker appon July 7, 2020 at 8:26 am
The Health Minister has said privacy has been put “right at the heart” of the new COVID Tracker app. The app has been downloaded by more than ...
- Facebook, Google, Twitter, Others Will Deny China's Requests For 'Subversive' User Data In Hong ...on July 7, 2020 at 3:11 am
... due diligence and consultations with international human rights experts.” ... “the importance of protecting the right to privacy of our Hong Kong users.
- Privacy & Cybersecurity Update - June 2020on July 7, 2020 at 2:03 am
California Privacy Rights Act Will Appear on the November Ballot ... Changes in each area helped to move the regulations toward a right-sized ...
- Corn growers, churches and eateries top Iowa Paycheck Protection loan recipientson July 6, 2020 at 10:41 pm
... the public's right to know how government is spending money and business owners' rights to privacy for their payroll and income information.
- How Israel's COVID-19 mass surveillance operation workson July 6, 2020 at 7:39 pm
... way to cope with the pandemic, and the government deemed the inevitable infringement of the right to privacy as justified and of little importance.
- Requiring business to enforce state mask rule is impractical and an overburdensome use of ...on July 6, 2020 at 7:18 pm
The rule erodes the basic right to privacy and violates basic civil rights. Under the governor's orders, nearly all civil rights are already suspended.
- Is privacy a myth in India?on July 6, 2020 at 6:33 pm
Online privacy: It also called internet privacy is the right to keep sensitive data and information produced as a result of using the web, private.
- Tunisia: Two-Year Sentence for Homosexualityon July 6, 2020 at 6:22 pm
The decision violates their rights to privacy and nondiscrimination under international law and Tunisia's 2014 constitution. The police also attempted to ...
- WhatsApp and Telegram won't give Hong Kong user data to Chinese authorities in response to ...on July 6, 2020 at 5:45 pm
By suspending reviewing requests for user data, the companies are fulfilling their commitments to upholding the right to privacy and freedom of ...
- Drive-by patrols to monitor pubs in Southendon July 6, 2020 at 4:52 pm
... passengers' right to privacy would be respected. Councillor Trevor Harp, who oversees health in Southend, admitted “more work would be needed”.
- Electronic security question to be on November balloton July 6, 2020 at 3:22 pm
Jim Runestad, R-White Lake, said in a statement it's “a historic step toward protecting the privacy rights of Michiganders for generations to come.
- Chinese TV channel breached rules with 'forced confession'on July 6, 2020 at 3:11 pm
It also ruled that Mr Humphrey was subjected to a "very significant" intrusion into his right to privacy that was not outweighed by "the broadcaster's right ...
- Facebook, others block requests on Hong Kong user dataon July 6, 2020 at 2:21 pm
... due diligence and consultations with international human rights experts." ... "the importance of protecting the right to privacy of our Hong Kong users.
- Here's why you can trust NordVPNon July 6, 2020 at 1:52 pm
... verification is hard to overstate, when you consider that the entire point of signing up to a VPN, for many people, is to preserve your right to privacy.
- Supreme Court holds children's hearings system is compatible with article 8on July 6, 2020 at 1:41 pm
The person has a right to be notified of their obligation to attend a hearing, and if they are ... The Court found that this violated his article 8 rights. ... concerns that the system does not respect the child's right to privacy under article 8, ...
- UK watchdog mulls sanctions against Chinese state broadcasteron July 6, 2020 at 1:30 pm
The regulator has the power to fine broadcaster for breaching its code, and ... expectation of privacy was not outweighed by the broadcaster's right to ...
- Claim filed against Russia at European Court of Human Rights for mass surveillance during ...on July 6, 2020 at 1:07 pm
... several articles of the European Convention on Human Rights, including the articles on the right to freedom of assembly and the right to privacy.
- Telephonic Discretionon July 6, 2020 at 12:11 pm
There is merit in that contention of a right to privacy. One might contend that a lawyer should not have to "leave their right to privacy at the courthouse ...
- 13 provisions of anti-terror law unconstitutional — FEU law profson July 6, 2020 at 11:15 am
... important fundamental rights under the 1987 Constitution, such as but not limited to substantial and procedural due process, the right to privacy, ...